Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bunco Cheese Ball


Hello, for those of you from Bunco who wanted the recipe for the cheese ball, here it is:



2-8oz pkgs cream cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped pimiento (I don't care for pimiento so I used red pepper instead)
1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion (I used red)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Dash of cayenne
Dash of salt
Finely chopped pecans
Combine softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese, mixing until well blended. Add pimiento, green pepper, onion, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and seasonings; mix well. Chill. Shape into a ball; roll in nuts. Serve with crackers. (I also added a little creole seasoning to the mix) I also only made half the recipe as the full size is huge!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this for Father's Day and it was sooo yummy! I used fire-roasted red peppers from a jar since I didn't have a fresh red pepper, and also didn't have a green pepper so I omitted that entirely. It was still delish! Oh, and I added a dash of chili powder instead of cayenne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, once again I didn't have most of the ingredients for this so I just improvised. :) Here's what I used for the cheeseball that I made for the MNO Pamper Yourself night:

    1 8-oz pkg cream cheese
    1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
    1 tbsp of chopped roasted red pepper
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tsp lemon juice
    pinch of chili powder
    pinch of salt
    1/4 tsp of paprika
    1/2 tsp of garlic powder
    chopped pecans

    ReplyDelete