Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Alymer Pasta

A recipe from Angela's sister:

My new favourite thing to buy for stirfrys, pastas, casseroles, crockpot, etc. is found in the canned tomato section. The product is Aylmer Accents (petite cut tomatoes with SPICY RED PEPPER). They are the flavoured canned diced tomatoes but this one has red peppers in it too. The flavour is fabulous but it has to have the red peppers in it. I was buying it to put in the crockpot with meat or chicken but I now make a fabulous pasta with it.

Whole wheat penne pasta
Aylmer Canned diced tomatoes with spicy red peppers
Jar of Classico basil pesto
Onion, peppers and broccoli slaw and whatever other veggies you have
feta cheese
parmesan

Cook pasta, stir fry veggies, usually just peppers and onion and small cut up broccoli slaw (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots cut into thin strips). I chop the slaw up small so the kids don't really know how much they're eating. I actually sneak that slaw into everything! If I have other veggies, like zuchini, asparagus, artichokes, etc. then I add that too. Whatever you have. When it's still crispy I add the canned 'tomatoes with red peppers' and a jar of pesto. I've been a pesto addict - everything tastes good with pesto!! My fav brand by far is Classico (small glass jar, metal lid, basil pesto - not the red one).

Pasta's done, pour the sauce over, add feta and parmesan and might have to add a bit of olive oil. It's oh so yummy! And good enough for company. Literally takes as long as the pasta takes to cook! If I was having company, I would probably add some meat, likely chicken and some pine nuts.

Try it! You'd love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment