Sunday, August 23, 2009

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Fresh Garden Herbs

Wash and prepare enough new or fingerling potatoes to cover a 9x13 jelly roll pan (I used my stoneware bar pan). Cut the larger ones so all your potatoes are a relatively uniform size. Bake at 450 until easily punctured with a knife and starting to crisp (about 35-40 minutes for me).

Chop very finely a variety of fresh herbs. I used sage, thyme, and oregano. (This recipe is not worth making with dried herbs, in my opinion!)

During the last few minutes that your potatoes are baking, melt 2 TB of butter in a deep-sided sauce pot. Dump in the herbs and stir them around. Add some salt and then add the potatoes immediately from the oven. Stir to coat the potatoes with butter and herbs.

Now add 3 cloves of garlic (finely minced or crushed in a garlic press), salt to taste, and take them off the heat before the garlic starts to burn. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment