Sunday, August 15, 2010

Marisa's Crack Salad Dressing

Laura C. has dubbed this recipe "Marisa's Crack Salad Dressing" since she's convinced that it is as addictive as crack (how she'd know about the addictive qualities of crack is somewhat of a mystery, though). LOL! Anyhow, here it is, so give it a go and try not to get tooooo addicted. ;)

Marisa says [Laura's comments are in brackets]:

Into the blender [I use my immersion blender] goes:
1 cup grapeseed oil or olive oil [why grapeseed oil? Because it doesn’t coagulate when it gets cold! It’s also a neutral-flavored oil with a high heat point. I love it!]
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar [I use Bragg’s - do use a high quality one, please!]
1 TB whole grain mustard or dijon type mustard
1-2 garlic cloves [I usually only use one]
1 TB maple syrup or honey
salt and pepper to taste

Optional additions:
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried basil

Blend and taste adjust if needed. Should have a creamy consistency and should thin out a bit over time. Pour in jar, store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.

Great with salads, sauteed greens, rice, cold pasta, and veggie sticks. This really cannot be messed up. I use what I have on hand. Sometimes honey, sometimes maple syrup; a shallot if I’m out of garlic, but ALWAYS apple cider vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment